![]() |
| Coes at the beach circa 2002 |
Happy long weekend.
Hope you have a fine time doing whatever it is you'll be doing wherever it is you'll be doing it.
As for the Coes, we're going to the beach. We "won" two nights at Carol Hale's Pto. PeƱasco beachhouse in the Epiphany/RAK silent auction last spring. We used to stay there a lot, back in the day, but it's been quite a while since we've been.
Safe to say, we're kinda stoked.
Marshall Magnet Middle School Survey
As you know, I appeared before the school board last night to ask them to green-light a survey of our community to determine their level of interest in the development of a 6th-8th grade program at Marshall. As a part of my presentation, I provided them with the handout I shared with most of you earlier this week.
My thanks to all of you for returning the proposed survey handout to me along with your comments, many of which were encouraging and very much in favor of the idea, some of which conveyed a healthy skepticism, and a few of which conveyed a more reserved form of mild approval. Regardless of your opinion, I'm glad to know your thoughts in this matter.
I can report to you that the board, after much deliberation, did choose to let us conduct a simple survey of our community to determine if there is interest in the development of a K-8 program at Marshall. We will distribute flyers to you, to be sent home with students, early next week. We'll need to encourage our families to return these surveys to us ASAP.
The board has asked that I report our findings at their next meeting on 27 October.
Calendar
Week A
- Monday 19 Oct.
- Taiko drumming begins
- Tuesday 20 Oct.
- Coe and Reasor at Science ITQ training at FRC, all day
- Science Council in the Lab
- Thursday 22 Oct.
- Coe and White at PBIS training, 4:00
- Friday, 23 Oct.
- Fire drill, ~10:00
- Two-hour professional development seminar (Higher Order Questioning) in the Library, 1:00
Please acknowledge that you read this post.
