Updates -- 06 September 2013

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your hard work this week.  These four-day weeks, they sometimes feel like they're eight-days long.

Hope you have a nice weekend.  Stay dry...

New Domain
Did you note our new domain name in your browser's address bar?  Our old web-address, marshallbluenote.blogspot.com now redirects automatically to www.bluenoteblog.com, which is now our very own, official faculty-blog web-domain.  No need to update your bookmarks or anything.  This is just something that kinda gets me going, in a new-shoes-for-the-first-day-of-school sort of way... I love owning my own domain (over which, of course, I am the master).  

Go Daddy was having a sale.  $1.99 a year with a coupon code.  Couldn't resist.


Smile
I was walking the halls the other morning, just after 9:00 AM, as is my habit, when I passed a parent who was heading out.  "You're frowning," she observed.

"Am I?  I'm sorry.  I shouldn't be.  We're off to a good start today," I replied, forcing a smile.

"Good.  You're usually smiling," she noted as we drew further apart, heading in opposite directions.

I'm not sure what was the cause of my frown that morning.  I guess sometimes I just do that when I'm preoccupied.

But I know it's better to smile.   I watched a TED video some time ago about the many benefits of smiling.  After my interaction with that parent this week, I watched it again.  I hope you will take seven-and-a-half minutes to watch it, too.  It could be worth up to 2000 bars of chocolate to you!



I'm going to try to be a little more deliberate about smiling from now on.  I hope you'll join me :)

TPEC
Before I go home today I will have finished entering all-y'all's ('cept for K and a few special area folk) TPEC measurement data into the system.  Please remember to accept it by following the steps outlined in this post (and correspondent instructional video). Thanks.

Calendar 
  • Monday, 09 Sept.
    • Coe at Admin 1:00-4:00 -- Reasor has the helm
    • Magnet Monday begins
    • RTI Intervention Cycle 1 begins
  • Tuesday, 10 Sept.
    • Site Council in the Library 5:00-6:00
  • Friday, 13 Sept.
Please acknowledge that you read this post.