Updates - 18 May

Happy Friday, everyone.

I hope you have a fine, albeit blustery, weekend.

As you know, if you've perused the published School Board agenda this week, I'm listed under the "Appointments" heading for Tuesday evening at 5:30. The members of the Board will vote at that time to approve or deny Ms. Hickman's recommendation that I be formally appointed to the position of principal at Marshall.

Famous bicycle racer Greg Lemond once said, "It never gets easier, you just get faster." And, assuming the Board votes to approve Ms. Hickman's recommendation, I guess that's how I feel about our future together. We've all got terribly difficult, increasingly difficult, often impossibly difficult jobs to do. I know. And the road ahead rises up to meet us in threatening, intimidating ways. But I believe, as we continue to work hard to improve at our craft, in our willingness and ability to collaborate, in our focus on children and what's best for them, that we will get "faster" and better at all that we do. That's what I think.

Awards
The Positive Behavior Support committee would like to recommend that you, as a classroom teacher, set aside time in your classroom toward the end of the year, to conduct some sort of awards/achievement/recognition ceremony with your students. This can take any form you choose, and the parameters of what you wish to recognize are up to you and/or your teammates, should you choose to collaborate as a grade level in this. A few links to helpful websites are provided below:
Calendar 

  • Tuesday, 22 May 
    • FUSD School Board meeting, 5:30 
    • Seussical The Musical at FMS Gym, 6:00
  • Wednesday, 23 May 
    • Fifth-grade DARE Graduation in the Gym, 9:15 
    • Seussical The Musical at Marshall Gym, 1:30 
  • Thursday, 24 May 
    • First-grade Minute-To-Win-It in the Gym, 9:00-10:30 
    • All-school BBQ on "the map" outside, lunchtimes 
  • Friday, 25 May
    • NO SCHOOL -- Spring Holiday 
  • Monday, 28 May
    • NO SCHOOL -- Memorial Day