They tell me that this is your last full week of work until summer. I hope that achieving this milestone engenders some sense of relief for you and that, as you look toward the ever-closer end of the school year, you're able to look back at the year that's transpired as a job well-done.
Mrs. LeMoyne's Shelf
Mrs. LeMoyne has lost a bookshelf which she put in the hallway in her wing to be prepped for painting tomorrow. This loss has caused her to become somewhat agitated. It is our hope, hers as well as mine, that the missing shelf will be returned forthwith and in its original condition. Thanks!
The Honor Wall
![]() |
| What does it mean? What effect does it have? |
I am going to be brutally honest with you right now: I do not get the Honor Wall. I don't understand the traits or behaviors it intends to recognize. Nor do I see that it has any effect whatsoever on encouraging positive behaviors in or the academic achievements of our students. I am dubious of its value to our school. Likewise, I have trouble justifying expending the many man-hours of effort it will take to prepare it and our school for two lengthy assemblies at some point in the near future. I would prefer that the committee choose to move in a different, more meaningful, more positive, more affirming, more personal, and more impactful direction as we consider how best to recognize our students for their achievements at year's end.
I believe we can do better than The Honor Wall.
Last minute practicum student
Lisa Hahn, a student at NAU needs to get 10 hours of observation accomplished in science in a Title 1 school. Please contact her if you're able to provide this opportunity: hahnlisa@yahoo.com [928 526 5914].
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
You're invited to the Library on Tuesday morning, 08 May, for the PTO's annual Teacher Appreciation Breakfast. Food and drinks are expected to be ready for you by about 7:45. Please feel free to drop in and hang out for a while, or skedaddle back to your room for prep, as you need to.
Calendar
Coe, Bull, Gonzalez, Thompson on duty all week
- Monday, 07 May
- Coe at Admin Council, 1:00-4:00 -- Ballard has the helm
- Tuesday, 08 May
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast, 7:45
- Wednesday 09 May
- Coe at iRead iPad training, 9:30-11:00 -- Ballard has the helm
- Thursday, 10 May
- Honor Wall PBS committee meeting in the Library, 8:00
- Friday, 11 May
- No School -- Reserved Snow Day day

