Updates - 16 February 2018

Hello everyone,

My thanks to all of you, and especially to Casey, for keeping the wheels on while I was away last week at the Title 1 conference.  It was a productive and reinvigorating experience for Heather, Janelle, and I (and, I'm sure, for the team members from several other FUSD elementary schools, too) and it's comforting to know while I'm away that things are able to go on more or less as they always do. 

PBIS Survey
Your PBIS Committee has been hard at work of late compiling an inventory of useful classroom managment strategies to help us refine and constantly revitalize our long-standing system of positive behavior supports at Marshall. We will review many of the components of their new endeavors together at our Faculty Meeting next Thursday morning, 22 Feb, at 7:45.

Meanwhile, the Committee would benefit from your participation in a short PBIS survey, which is available online: www.surveymonkey.com/r/GSGVJRG.

Voice Amplification Systems
Did you know: There's a ton of solid research that supports the use of the voice amplification sound systems that are installed in each classroom at Marshall. Classrooms that use these kinds of enhancements have consistently seen improvements in attenuation, achievement test scores, proficiency and the rate of growth toward mastery, word recognition, as well as significantly diminished distractability and off-task behaviors. Similarly, teacher who use voice amplifiers consistently report  less physical fatigue and less time devoted to managing behaviors as advantages of these systems.

If the voice amplification components in the classroom where you work have malfunctioned or require some sort of service or maintenance because they have fallen into disrepair over time, please let us know in the front office and we will do all we can to get things up and running for you ASAP.

Yes For FUSD
It's not too soon to ensure that you're able to vote in the upcoming 2018 general election by registering to vote.  In November, FUSD will be asking our community to approve both bond and override measures to sustain public education throughout the region.

More information about FUSD's proposed measures is available at www.YesForFUSD.com and Arizona residents may register to vote online at: www.servicearizona.com/voterRegistration.

Tax Credit Reminder
If you haven't yet paid your 2017 taxes, there's still time for you to make your tax credit contribution to Marshall.  I haven't yet done so myself.  But I have every intention of making our family's donation to Marshall just as soon as I find the time to sit down to complete our 2017 filing.  I always make our contribution online as I'm sitting in front of Turbo Tax so we're not out-of-pocket for our $400 for any longer than need be.  I find that the red DONATE NOW button in the sidebar of the Blue Note Blog (bottom right) is a super convenient way for the Coes to make our donation.

As of today, we've collected $22,000 since April 2017.  That leaves us about $18,000 short of our budgetary needs for the coming year.  Please don't forget about Marshall at tax time.

Calendar
  • Monday, 19 Feb
    • NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
  • Thursday 22 Feb
    • Faculty Meeting in the Library, 7:45
    • Coe at 2018-2019 district planning meeting, 2:00
  • Friday 23 Feb
    • Coe at FUSD Growth & Inspiration Council meeting, 7:00-8:30
    • STEAM Council Science Fair setup, 12:45


Please acknowledge that you read this post.