Updates - 02 February 2018

Hello everyone,

I know you feel the same way I do about our little professional community, that we're more than simply a group of people who work together everyday, we really are a family.  Sometimes there are minor tensions between us, but more often than not there's an abiding sense of sincere affection and support.  Not only is Marshall typically a staff that gets-along, we're also a staff that's always at the ready to rally when individuals within our ranks are suffering.  I'm grateful to all of you for your willingness to reach out to one another in meaningful ways to lend a helping hand, a sympathetic ear, or a word of encouragement when you recognize it's needed.

With that in mind, I hope you've already had a chance to read the email Janelle sent to all of you on Malinda's behalf today.  I've encouraged Malinda to always remember that she's got the support of our entire community behind her during this time.  I know you will do the same.

National Title 1 Conference
I will be attending the National Title 1 Conference next week Wednesday through Sunday.  Reasor and Overton will be coming along, too.  Your ever-capable current administrative intern, Casey Reger, will officially be acting principal in my absence.  Thanks for doing all you can to help make this experience a positive and realistic one for her.

She doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to encourage Casey to correspond with you about updates and upcoming events via a Blue Note-style email or printed communique next Friday afternoon, 09 Feb.  So, probably nothing new for you to read from me in this space for a couple weeks, 'til 16 February, I'm thinking.

Calendar
  • Monday 05 Feb
    • Fifth grade middle school applications due
    • Coe at Admin Council, 1:00
  • Wednesday 07 Feb
    • Coe at National Title 1, all day
    • PTO in the Library, 4:30
  • Thursday 08 Feb
    • Coe at National Title 1, all day
  • Friday 09 Feb
    • Coe at National Title 1, all day
    • PBIS Committee meeting in the Music Room, 2:15
    • Kindergarten Valentines Dance in the Gym, 6:00
Coming up
  • Monday 12 Feb
    • Coe on "sick leave" for Mohs surgery, all day


Please acknowledge that you read this post.