Updates - 17 February 2017

Can you name them all?
Hello everyone,

Another rainy/snowy weekend ahead, I think.  Yay.  At least it's gonna be a long one.  

I'd just like to say thanks to all our dead and former presidents.  Now, more than ever, we're grateful to you for all you've done for us.

Fun fact: officially, Monday is actually the federal holiday called Washington's Birthday. It's called various other things in different states. In Arizona it is by statute called Lincoln/Washington/Presidents' Day. Note the position of the apostrophe. The existence or nonexistence of the apostrophe, and its position before or after the S also varies by state.

And in California, it's just called "the third Monday in February" which is kind of awesomely banal.

RTI Next Week
We're going to cancel RTI Tier 2 interventions next week because we're going to be short several key interventionists.  Here's why...

I'm going to be taking a few members of Marshall's faculty with me to attend the National Title 1 Conference in Long Beach next week.  I'm excited to be able to have Cheryl Paulsen, Amy Hanno, and Janelle Reasor accompany me to this excellent multi-day series of seminars on a host of issues and concerns that are vital to our ongoing success.  I'm hopeful they will all return, as I always do, with great new ideas and inspirations to help us move our parent-engagement, reading intervention, PBIS, school leadership, and extracurricular programs forward in the future.

Heather Overton will officially have the helm as acting-principal while I'm away, and Sheila White will be available to assist with PBIS-related matters as her schedule permits.

Calendar

  • Monday 20 Feb.
    • NO SCHOOL - Lincoln/Washington/Presidents' Day
  • Wednesday 22 Feb.
    • National Title 1 Conference
    • Kindergarten Registration, 4:30-6:30
  • Thursday 23 Feb.
    • National Title 1 Conference
  • Friday 24 Feb.
    • National Title 1 Conference


Please acknowledge that you read this post.