Updates - 03 February 2017

Hello everyone,

Well, it's February.  And, the halcyon days are officially and completely over for sure.  They didn't last long.  But then, they never do.

Sorry for my repeated absences from work this week.  The required (for admins) two-day Adaptive Schools seminar all day on Monday and Tuesday was beneficial training for our small team, I think.  And on Thursday I was able to get to know the first five (of eight) applicants for Exceptional Student Services (SPED) Director in (75 minute) interviews.  FYI: I'll be out again on Monday to complete the last three of these interviews.  I'm hopeful the committee (there are 12 of us representing many aspects of the district) will select a couple outstanding candidates from this pool to send forward for round two interviews with Mr. Dirksen.

Then the committee to hire a new Human Resources Director starts on 14 February.  I was asked to be on that one, too.  I know that means more time out of the building for me, most likely.  And I'll be sorry about that, too.  But, in the interest of finding folks who will help us all do our work well rather than halt or hinder us from doing it, I feel like I'd rather have a voice in this process than not, ya know.

Calendar

  • Monday 06 Feb
    • Coe at ESS Dir hiring committee,  8:00-1:00
    • Coe at Admin, 1:00-4:00
  • Friday 10 Feb
    • Kindergarten Valentines dance, 6:00


Please acknowledge that you read this post.