Updates -- 15 October, 2014

Hello Everyone,

Happy (almost) Wednesday-Friday!

I hope you're able to complete your conferences and begin your long "holiday" weekend as soon as possible on Wednesday afternoon.

Click to
download flyer
Hoop Shoot
Ryan, a former fifth-grade student of mine, stopped in at the front office other morning to drop off flyers for the upcoming Elks National Hoop Shoot Free Throw Program which will take place at the MEMS Gym on 15 November at 8:00 AM.  He left a couple flyers with us, which I've put in the workroom.

If you care to distribute additional flyers to your students, please download more here.

Curiously, when I asked Ryan how old he was now, he told me that he will be 33 years old soon.  Which is puzzling, because I am only going to be 48.

I really don't understand that math.

Parent Involvement
Paulsen and Ronn have stepped down as Parent Involvement Coordinators.  I continue to be grateful to them for the awesome effort they put into getting childcare up-and-running for Connect To School Night.

Hulls, Fugett, and Shaw will take over as Parent Involvement Coordinators.  Working with the PTO to get our first-ever Cookie Walk Read-a-thon off the ground on 18 December will be the first item on their list.

Calendar
Week A
  • Tuesday, 21 Oct.
    • Science Council, 4:00 in the Lab
  • Wednesday, 22 Oct.
    • FMC/Fit Kids Heights & Weights, all day
  • Thursday, 23 Oct.
    • Faculty Meeting (teachers grades 2-5 only), 7:45 in the Library
      • Galileo training with Dr. Hagstrom
  • Friday, 24 Oct.
    • Lockdown Drill, ~10:00 [procedures]
    • Two-hour Professional Development CANCELED