The Year In (P)Review

Well, everyone, there it is.  The school year is officially over.  And what a year it was...

Looking back
Below is a list of just a few of the special events, challenges, and accomplishments that we achieved during this school year:
  • August
    • Thorpe Road Bridge Construction
    • TPEC Implementation
    • New Bus Dismissal Procedures
    • Fit Kids Program Implementation
    • Nate Avery Crisis Response
    • Year-long Greatness & Remix Emphases
    • Open House Night
    • iPad Cart Implementation
    • Online Gradebook Implementation
    • Uninterrupted 60-minute CT Schedule
  • September
    • Walk To School Day
    • $1.00 School Activity Fee Collection
    • 2012 Tax Credit Campaign  
  • October
    • Parent-Teacher Conferences
    • Mustang Gallop
  • November 
    • New Staff Lounge Construction
    • Exploration Stations
    • Taiko Drumming
    • Election Day (FUSD bond)
  • December
    • Quarterly Report Card Coordination 
    • New School Security Protocols
    • Satisfaction Survey
    • Cookie Walk
    • Title 1 Parent Meeting
  • January
    • Jump Rope For Heart
    • New Keycards
    • Lockdown Drills
    • Spelling Bee
    • Lab/Atelier Construction, New Furniture & Equipment
    • Front Office Renovation
    • Influenza Outbreak
    • Positive Behavior Support Program Phase I Roll-out
  • February
    • K-2 Suzuki Violin Performances
    • 26th Annual Science Fair
    • Middle School Transition Events
    • Title 1 Parent Meeting
  • March
    • Parent-Teacher Conferences
    • 2013 Governor's Arts Award
  • April
    • AIMS/Stanford 10 
    • School Weather Station Online
    • Spring Carnival
  • May
    • Bike To School Day
    • Reserved Snow Days
    • Dodgeball!
    • Quarterly Report Card Coordination
    • Kindergarten Graduation
    • All School BBQ
I'm probably forgetting a dozen other crucial things that we just handled... in our stride... as we always do.

Well done, Marshall.  Thanks!

Looking forward
We, likewise, have many things to look forward to next year.  Among them:
  • Magnet Monday Program Roll-out
  • Positive Behavior Support Program Phase II Roll-out
  • Tier 3 Reading Intervention Time
  • Lab/Atelier Schedule Implementation
  • Playground Renovations
  • NAU Praxis
  • Teacher-team In-house Professional Development
    • Marshall 301 Day: Tuesday, 06 Aug.
    • 2-hour PD Friday afternoons
Finally, by way of my own personal reflection on the year, I'll add just this: This was not an easy year for me.  But, I'm getting the sense that that's sort of the new-nature of the business we're in these days.  Nevertheless, feeling as though we were all "in it together" through it all, really helped me endure what I was required to endure.  Thanks for your support.  You've no idea what it's meant.

Likewise, I want you to know, I continue to stand by my conviction that the work we do is good, important work that we can be proud of; that you folk are the best-folk I know of doing it; and that I still would not want to do this work with any other group of teachers other than you.

Thanks for sticking with it.  Thanks for working hard.  Thanks for being you.

See you all in August!

You need not acknowledge that you read this post :)