It's Friday again! Yay. I'm exhausted...

I feel like my presence/performance at work has been quite poor this week. I've been at a seemingly endless series of inservice trainings, admin meetings, and the like... for the last couple weeks, I think. I've had valid reasons for every absence I assure you, it's all been for work-related stuff, nothing especially fun... well, except for part where I got to hang out with Paulsen, Reasor, and Hickman and accept the Governor's Arts Award on behalf of Marshall Magnet School; that part was fun!
Nevertheless, I am sorry about my absences. Yet, at the same time, I'm truly grateful to Mrs. Ballard for her willingness to stand so capably in my stead while I am away. It's nice to know that you're in good hands whenever I'm gone.
Thanks for helping us keep the wheels on, Page!
Parent-Teacher Conferences & Book Fair
I trust you're all geared up and looking forward to spring conferences next week. Don't forget about the Book Fair, too. It'll be in the Library, of course, all week long. I hope you're able to get your classes down there for a visit.
Also, please remember our unusual dismissal schedule on conference days: We will dismiss for conferences on 13 March at 11:40, and on the 14th and 15th at 12:25. Due to our odd dismissal schedule on Wednesday, 13 March, lunch will, likewise occur on a different schedule. It will be imperative that everyone abide by this schedule as closely as possible, as we will be operating on very tight tolerances in order to accommodate everyone's lunch and recess that day. The lunch schedule for Wednesday only will be as follows:
- 10:15-10:35 -- K-1 eat lunch
- 10:35-10:55 -- K-1 on playground
- 10:40-11:00 -- 2-3 eat lunch
- 11:00-11:20 -- 2-3 on playground
- 11:05-11:15 -- 4-5 eat lunch
- 11:15-11:35 -- 4-5 on playground
Forms are due to the front office by 12 March.
Ruby Tuesday & School Cents
Marshall is in the running once again to do quite well in the School Cents program at Flagstaff Mall. In hopes that we might willingly step up as a faculty to help in this important fundraising endeavor, our PTO has arranged a Happy Hour for us at Ruby Tuesday after work on 29 March. Surely nothing for free, since School Cents is all about spending money at the Mall. But certainly an opportunity for us to gather informally as a group and share some time and bebidas together. More information about this event will be forthcoming, but I hope you will make plans now to attend.
Office RenovationsJust a reminder: we go "under the knife" up here in the front office beginning next Wednesday, 13 March. You will find Erin and Malinda in the Lounge for the duration. Please be patient as we all endure this necessary inconvenience.
Meantime, we have two now-empty four-drawer filing cabinets that are up-for-grabs. See Erin if you're interested in one or both of them.
Calendar
- Monday, 11 March
- Coe at Admin Council, 1:00-4:00
- Coe at AIMS to PARCC committee, 4:00-5:00
- Tuesday, 12 March
- Middle School Counselors at Marshall, 2:00 in the Gym
- Wednesday, 13 March
- Coe at Elementary Admin, 7:30-10:00
- Parent-Teacher Conferences, 11:40 dismissal
- Thursday, 14 March
- Parent-Teacher Conferences, 12:25 dismissal
- Friday, 15 March
- Parent-Teacher Conferences, 12:25 dismissal