Updates - 01 Feb 2013

Hello everyone,


Happy Friday and delayed-gratification payday... 

Uh, Yeah...  Sorry.  An awkward situation, for sure.  We work within a human-system... Right?  And, as a result, these kinds of things can happen.  Knowing that doesn't make this situation any better right now.   I know.  Nevertheless, for whatever it's worth to you, I'm really sorry about it.

Hope to help you take your mind off your (very temporary) money-troubles for a bit and that many of you will come by our place this afternoon for a casual get-together.  If you're not able to come by today, please know:  I truly appreciate you, your commitment to your work here at Marshall, and also your encouragement and support of me as I've worked through my certification program.  Thanks!


Playground Committee: TAKE TWO
I really like this one.
I didn't get any responses when I mentioned this in the Blue Note earlier in the week, so I'm gonna ask again: 

As you know, this year's PTO Mustang Gallop funds were earmarked for playground improvements, specifically field renovations, equipment upgrades, and the installation of a covered shelter/outdoor classroom area.  

In order for these improvements to occur, we need a committee to spearhead this effort.  There's quite a bit of money to be spent, and a lot of room for some great, innovative ideas to be implemented.  A committee of 5-6 folks from various grade-levels and departments at Marshall would be ideal, I think.  

If you're inclined to be a part of this process, please let me know.

Calendar
  • Tuesday, 05 Feb.
    • PBS Committee meeting, 7:45 in the Library
    • MEMS Band (and pizza lunch for fifth graders), 11:30-1:30 at FMS gym
  • Wednesday, 06 Feb.
    • Site & Science councils, 5:00 in the Library
    • PTO meeting, 6:30 in the Library
  • Thursday, 07 Feb.
    • Fisher/Kohl to Challenger Center, all day
  • Friday, 08 Feb.
    • Grades 2-3 Jump Rope For Heart, 9:00 in the gym
    • Kindergarten Dance, 5:30 in the gym

Please acknowledge that you read this post.