Hope you're doing your best to enjoy your snow-day. I must admit to having developed, quite unexpectedly over the last year and a half, a new sort of fondness for them myself. It's so dark and quiet here right now, it changes, rather completely, the whole dynamic of my job... the background-music is much louder today, too.
Needless to say, by now you've probably spent some time watching or reading about the tragic news in Connecticut. Like you, I find this deeply upsetting and fundamentally unsettling. Beyond grieving along with this distant community with whom we share so many characteristics, there is but one pragmatic take-away for all of us in this, I think: we must always be vigilant in conducting the drills we conduct with integrity and with a mindset that they are not imposing interruptions to our schedule but, instead, the best kind of insurance we can give to our students and ourselves.
There is little else to report to you on this snowy morning.
Celebrations
Next week is the last week before break. Many of you have parties planned. In your celebrating, please try to remember that real-school still needs to occur next week and that, whatever you're doing, it really-and-truly is supposed to have some sort of academic or curricular connection. I have to say that. But, that's okay. Because I believe it, too. This is school after all.
Calendar
- Monday, 17 Dec.
- Coe at Elementary Admin 7:45-9:00
- Tuesday, 18 Dec.
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast in the Library, 7:30-8:30
- Wednesday, 19 Dec.
- Marshall Band Concert, 4:00
- Friday, 21 Dec.
- End of Grading Period 2
Please acknowledge that you read this post.