Updates - 07 December 2012

Hello everyone,

Happy payday-Friday!

Fire Drill
Sorry for being a little too-dense about the fire drill I tried to schedule for Friday this week.  Let's try it again on Thursday, 13 December at 9:30 instead.  Should be a slightly more agreeable, less chaotic time of the day to conduct a drill, rather than during the kinder-first lunchtime on a Friday.  Yeah.  I know.  Someday we really do need to have a drill during lunchtime on a Friday.  But not right now.  We'll do that some other time.

Satisfaction Survey
I've finished writing-up my report about the results of the recent Marshall School Customer Satisfaction Survey (which, you may recall, I was required to do to complete my internship).  I shared my overview of the results of this survey with the Site Council at our monthly meeting this week, and I've delivered it to the superintendent and my university supervisor, too.  Now, I'd like you to have a chance to take a look at it as well.  It's available as a .pdf online.

At an upcoming faculty meeting one of these days, probably after the holidays, I'd like to spend a few minutes talking about it with you.  But, in the meantime, you can get a pretty good impression of how I think it turned out by reading through my report.  I hope you do, it's not very long.  But I think you'll find it very encouraging and uplifting.  I think it's safe to say: our peeps are pretty stoked on us...

Dismissal Procedures
During afternoon dismissal, please ensure that your students listen carefully to which buses are being dismissed and that they leave the classroom only when their particular bus has been called.  It may be worthwhile to review with your class who rides which bus (I know lists were made at the beginning of the year, but they may have grown a little stale at this point).  We've done a great job implementing our new dismissal procedures thus far this this year.  And we'll be able to continue to get our buses loaded in a safe and timely fashion if we always-and-only have the right students at the front of the building at the right time.

Calendar

  • Wednesday, 12 December
    • Coe @ Elementary Admin meeting 7:30-10:30
  • Thursday, 13 December
    • Faculty Meeting in the Library, 7:45
    • Title 1 Family Meeting in the Library, 5:15-5:45
    • Cookie Walk in the Gym, 6:00-7:00
  • Friday, 14 December
    • All faculty & staff Holiday Party at Fisher's, 4:00-6:00

Please acknowledge that your read this post.