Updates -- 24 August 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty pleased with the start we're off to this year.  I hope you feel the same.

Thanks for being cool.  Have a nice weekend.

Rocks in doors
Please stop putting rocks in doors.  Stranger-danger loves to enter through rocked doors.  That's what I've heard...

Calendar
Don't forget to keep an eye on the Master Calendar.  It's always up-to-the-minute up-to-date.  Here are a few items that you probably want to write into your plans:

Tuesday, 28 Aug
  • Back To School Open House, 6:00-7:30PM

Wednesday, 29 Aug
  • Positive Behavior Support Committe in the Lib, 7:45AM
  • Grade-level CTs begin

Thursday, 30 Aug
  • School Improvement Committee in Coe's office, 7:45AM
You may recall
At our opening meeting a couple weeks back, Superintendent Hickman read from a speech given by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1910.  At the time she read it us, I recall thinking, "Yeah. That's good stuff," but then promptly forgot about it.  

Over the course of the past couple weeks, however, I've been reminded of Roosevelt's words on numerous occasions.  In fact, this week I made a desktop image for my computer of a part of it which I found particularly relevant, so I could read it and reread it whenever I returned to my chair after bumbling through my job this week.  I hope you'll take a minute or two to read it.  I think Roosevelt's words can serve a good reminder to all of us to stay focused, remain encouraged, and to not lose hope.  What we do matters.  A whole lot.  That we err at times as we attempt to do what we do is to be expected.  Keep at it.

Dare greatly!

Click to make it bigger and easier to read