It's Friday and this is your weekly Blue Note Update.
Positive Behavior Support
We've started our latest PBS initiative, focusing on the concept of trustworthiness. Students will need 20 coupons to be eligible for the awards assembly on May 1. Please feel free to take more coupons as needed from the supply in the copy room. If we run out, just let Brandy or me know and we'll be sure to make more.
Faculty Meetings
We'll meet together the week after next as a faculty on Thursday, 05 April at 7:45 in the Library. We'll be discussing AIMS testing, so it's essential that everyone involved in any way with AIMS testing be present on time and for the duration. Please plan accordingly. Thanks.
We'll meet again as a faculty and staff on Tuesday, 17 April at 8:00 in the Library to discuss issues related to the November school district bond election. FUSD Board member Paul Kulpinski will be present to provide information and answer your questions.
Calendar
New two-week duty rotation begins: Coe, Kasch, Baker, Sanders
- Thursday, 29 Mar.
- Third Grade Dance Recital in the Gym, 6:00 PM
- Friday, 30 Mar.
- Java By The Gym, 8:00 AM
Meet is Sarah Kay. She's a poet, of the spoken-word variety, and she's been a teacher, too. I found her words in this TED video inspiring. I think you will, too. If you choose to watch it (and I hope you will) you'll hear her talking about how to get kids to feel comfortable being creative with words and ideas as they grow and develop. I think you might find that listening to her is worth 18 minutes of your time. I did.