Info & Updates -- 09 Sept. 2011

Happy Friday y'all!

And welcome to Marshall School, Sarah Kuhn, our brand-new Resource teacher!  Yay!

Thanks, everybody, for working successfully through the two days that had me out of the building this week.  I really (really!) appreciate how capable you all are at managing your classrooms, the kids, the school building, the lunchroom, the playground, and everywhere else without me.

I'll bring you up-to-speed with everything I learned about teacher evaluations this week in the near future.

Thanks as well for a great Open House last night.  As I said in my email earlier today, I thought we had a great turn-out, despite the weather.  Hopefully you had at least as much fun as I did seeing and meeting so many great, smiling, happy people.  They all seemed genuinely thrilled to have the chance to come and meet you and see your rooms first hand.

We're quite blessed to work in-and-for this community. Doncha think?

Just a few things for the good of the order...

First, please watch this video-overview (sorry everything is kinda backward in it; we'll fix that next time) of your Emergency Folder. Afterward, please make sure you can:
  1.  locate your Emergency Folder at any time
  2. understand its contents and intent
  3. utilize it effectively in the event of a drill or emergency


Links to Emergency Folder contents:
Calendar-wise
  • AM & PM teacher-duty changes next week to Resource and Music.  Please arrange yourselves to cover the front hall and cafeteria, playground, kinder-playground, and bus lanes both before and after school.  Thanks!
  • I've got Admin Council next Monday at 1:00.
  • Willow Bend is scheduled to be in some of your classrooms on Monday.
  • AIMSWEB is done, but several classes still need to get in the lab to enter 4-Sight data. Please do this at the beginning of your Library time next week. We need this data ASAP!
  • Joint Councils (Site, Arts, Science) meet Wednesday 5:00-6:30 in the Library.
  • PTO meets Wednesday 6:30-7:30 in the Library.
Last couple of things
How are our School Committees coming along?  Have any of you taken the initiative to get your committee off the ground?  I've not heard from anyone about meeting times and dates.  Do you want me to do this?  'Cause I can.  But, I was kind of hoping you'd just invite me to your first get-together when you'd worked it all out.

Likewise, have you met with your 10-point kid?   Thanks to many of you, we've got lots of new kids and several new teachers on our list.  I hope to do more a bunch more pairings next week.  But for those of you who have already been paired, I hope you've had a chance or two to get to know your kid already.

Have a great weekend everyone!  Don't forget to acknowledge...