How Open House Should Go

Well, it's almost here: Open House 2011!  I know all of you and your classrooms are almost ready to go.

I think I am, too.

At-right you'll find the handout that will be distributed at the door (it will be folded in half).   You can download it as a .pdf, too.

The schedule for the night will run on the big-screen TV at the front door all evening as follows:

Primary families: Visit classrooms: 6:00-6:15. Welcome time in the Gym: 6:15-6:25. Visit classrooms 6:25-7:00.

Intermediate families: Visit classrooms: 6:00-6:30. Welcome time in the Gym: 6:35-6:45. Visit classrooms 6:45-7:00

And, just so you're up-to-speed minute-by-minute, here's my plan for the night:

6:00 -- Doors open; flyers will be distributed at the door; folks will visit classrooms and sign up for PTO and Councils in the entryway
6:10 -- Announcement: "Primary teachers, parents, and students, please join us in the Gym for a quick 10-minute meet-and-greet time. If you have students in both primary and intermediate grades you may choose to come now or at 6:30. But you only need to come and listen in the Gym once tonight." Primary teachers will close their doors and come to the gym along with parents and students.
6:15-6:25 -- I will quickly introduce of each of our primary teachers and then dismiss them back to their rooms.  Parents and students will stay while I welcome them and give a quick run-down of a few things (parking,  drop-off, cafeteria, attendance, tax-credit contributions).
6:25 -- Primary students and parents dismissed from Gym; folks will visit classrooms.


6:30 Announcement: "Intermediate teachers, parents, and students, please join us in the Gym for a quick 10-minute meet-and-greet time." Intermediate teachers will close their doors and come to the gym along with parents and students.
6:35-6:45 -- I will quickly introduce of each of our intermediate teachers and then dismiss them back to their rooms.  Parents and students will stay while I welcome them and give a quick run-down of a few things (parking,  drop-off, cafeteria, attendance, tax-credit contributions).
6:45 -- Intermediate students and parents dismissed from Gym.
6:45-7:00 -- Folks will visit classrooms

7:00 -- Announcement: "Thanks for coming to our Open House this evening.  We hope you had a great time and that we see you back at Marshall on a regular basis.  Don't forget to visit us online, to keep up with all that's going on around here, at marshallelementary.blogspot.com.  Good night."