No way! Sir Ken? No Kidding.

Remember this video? We watched it together at the end of our last school year.



The mellifluous voice in the video is that of Sir Ken Robinson.  He's a very well-known, world-renown educational theorist and philosopher, and he speaks often, around the world, before large crowds of very influential people.  Some of his best talks are available online through the TED innovative ideas network. They have each been viewed millions of times.

I got an exciting email late yesterday afternoon from an associate dean at NAU:

Good afternoon Mr. Coe:

I would like to give you and a team of teachers from your campus the opportunity to meet and interact with Sir Ken Robinson, a leading educational consultant known world-wide for his innovative approaches to creativity in the K-12 classroom, on Friday, September 30 at Ardrey Auditorium on the NAU campus.  Sir Ken will speak from 10 – 11:30; we would then like to invite you and your teachers to join us for lunch and an afternoon workshop with Sir Ken, faculty from NAU’s various education programs in Art, English, History, Languages, Music, Math, Science, Physical Education and Elementary Education, and a select group of NAU education students.
 
For more information on this wonderful opportunity, please see the attached. 

I'm going! For sure. I'd love for some of you to go, too. I'll go so far as to say I think some of you need to go with me.  NAU says I can bring 4-5 others.  I thought about asking some of you personally, but I didn't want anyone who really wanted to have the chance to see Sir Ken to miss out on this chance.  This  truly is an unexpected, rare, and exciting opportunity to see one of the great, innovative minds of our time in our field speak to us personally.  I expect it to be a formative professional experience for all who attend.

Wanna go?  Good.  Send me an email.  If I get more than five I'll do my best to work it out.