![]() |
Dang. We've been super busy again this week. I'm simply exhausted, physically and emotionally, after all that's transpired. I hope you'll join me in setting about very deliberately to get as fully refilled as is humanly possible over the course of the next two days, looking all the while with even greater anticipation toward the upcoming extra-long weekend to come.
Just wanna say thanks to all y'all, for helping out at Walk To School Day on Wednesday, and for being on time to the faculty meeting Thursday morning, and for your attendance at PTO on Wednesday night, and for prepping yourselves for our official OELAS audit midweek, and for encouraging your kids to be ready for the Mustang Gallop today, and for gearing up to prepare your report cards and your parents and your students for conferences next week, and for the conversations I know you've had during classtime recently (I've been watching and I really can tell) with your kids about our common hallway expectations... and, by the way, I'm still hopeful to get around to your classrooms next week to personally review them with your students, too.
On Fridays, as I'm writing the Blue Note, I always look ahead at the master calendar for the coming week to be sure I've conveyed to you all the relevant deets about what's coming as clearly as I possibly can. But sometimes in doing this, I also like to look back at the week that was, to see all the things that we accomplished together. This was a good week for doing that.
We had a lot on our plate over the course of the past five days, and the pleasant realization that comes from taking a glance back is the recognition that we got it all done. Not that that's a surprise. We almost always do. Still, it's nice to reflect on that fact. Sometimes it's the only win we get in a given period of time: that we got it. All. Done.
And this past week we did get it done. Together. 'Cause that's how we always do it at Marshall.
Early Release Lunch Schedules
Next week Monday and Tuesday, 9-10 October, lunches will run on our regular Friday lunch schedule. Regular school lunches (not sacks) will be served both days and school will be dismissed at 12:25.
On Wednesday, 11 October, we will dismiss school at 11:10 and our sack lunch schedule that day will be as follows:
- 9:35-9:55 -- K-1 eat lunch
- 9:55-10:15 -- K-1 on playground
- 10:00-10:20 -- 2-3 eat lunch
- 10:20-10:40 -- 2-3 on playground
- 10:25-10:45 -- 4-5 eat lunch
- 10:45-11:05 -- 4-5 on playground
School Letter Grade
I expect that our current school letter grade, along with those of the rest of FUSD, will probably hit the front page of the newspaper early next week. The state has told us they intend to lift the embargo on them on Monday 09 October.
Because you asked for it, here's a link to the A-F Accountability presentation Dr. Hagstrom prepared for the School Board recently. If you're able to make sense of it, please feel free to stop by and explain it to me.
As I said earlier today, I'm unable to tell you where we should set our targets for improvement based on this score and the convoluted formulations used by the state to tabulate it. Nevertheless, I know we will not rest in our efforts but will continually strive to do our best to move all of our students forward as best we (and they) are able. Not because of our letter grade, but because it is, quite simply, the right thing to do.
Calendar
- Monday 09 Oct
- Early dismissal, 12:25
- Parent-Teacher conferences, all afternoon
- Clothing exchange, all afternoon
- Tuesday 10 Oct
- Early dismissal, 12:25
- Parent-Teacher conferences, all afternoon
- Clothing exchange, all afternoon
- Wednesday 11 Oct
- Payday!
- Early-early dismissal, 11:10
- Parent-Teacher conferences, all afternoon
- Clothing exchange, all afternoon
- Thursday 12 Oct
- NO SCHOOL - Fall holiday
- Friday 13 Oct
- NO SCHOOL - Fall holiday
