Updates - 09 December 2016

Hello everyone,

You learn something new every day, or so they say.  

Yesterday I learned that the anatomical drawing of the female uterus that's used in the boy's sexual health class is rendered on the poster somewhat out-of-scale. According to the instructor, if a real woman were to have a uterus that size, "She would need to be nearly seven feet tall."

Hate to think I would never have learned this had I not had to sit with a few of our fifth-grade behavior-support boys in their sex-ed class this week.  I'm 24 years into this profession, taught fifth grade for some 18 years of it, and yesterday was the very first I'd ever heard about the seven-foot-tall woman and her oversized uterus.

Amazing. #lifelonglearner

New Staff
If you haven't already had the chance, I hope you'll take a sec in the next few days to seek out and welcome our newest staff member, Sherri Dustin.  She's taken on a 0.5 FTE SPED Resource position for the balance of the year here.  You can find her around the school building or in room 26 where she's set up shop with Amanda Roth.

Tax Credit
Contributions are starting to roll in!  We've collected about $3000 since last week.

Please continue to put reminders about tax credit in front of your students' parents as often as you're able.  Likewise, I hope you'll take a few minutes to revise and send the appeal-letter to your friends and family members who might want to take advantage of the program.

Don't forget, there's lots of helpful info about what tax credit is and does for Marshall on the school blog.

Sure do appreciate your efforts in this regard.

Calendar
  • Wednesday 14 Dec.
    • Payday!
    • Science Council in the Lab, 3:45
    • Book Bingo in the Gym, 5:30-6:30
  • Friday 16 Dec.
    • End of Grading Period #2
    • Emergency Drill (canceled)
    • Staff Holiday Gathering at Dark Sky, 3:30
    • Rogue One at Harkins, 4:50

Winter Break
19 Dec. - 03 Jan.