Hello everyone,Happy Yuri's Night! Be safe this evening as you celebrate the 52nd anniversary of the first launching of a human into space.
Weatherbug!
Our new Weatherbug weather station, a component of our ongoing, burgeoning Science Lab construction project (have you seen the new cabinetry?), has been installed on our rooftop and it's data tables and current readings are now available to you and your students online 24-7. It's a fantastic device, able to provide our students with innumerable opportunities to study and compile real data, and I hope you're able to find neat, innovative ways to use it.
You can access the Marshall School Online Weather Center, which features current conditions, regional meteorological tables and local forecasts, as well as a live HD camera image of the Peaks from our rooftop, via this link.
You can access a quick, up-to-the-second table of current Marshall School weather conditions online via this link.
![]() |
| Those poplars will get trimmed soon. |
Tentative 2013-2014 Assignments
I'm hoping that the few minor changes that we will need to make to our staffing assignments and classrooms for next year won't be too upsetting to y'all. If you're to be directly effected by the minor changes I've needed to make, I've already spoken with you and I appreciate your willingness to help me make the a few necessary adjustments to who/what/where you will be teaching next year.
Otherwise, if I haven't dropped in to talk with you about these things recently, chances are things will more-or-less be business-as-usual for you and your current program/assignment next year.
Of course, I must stipulate: all that I am about to share with you is entirely tentative and dependent on actual enrollments, unforeseen vacancies, and sundry other administrative needs/concerns which may or may not arise as we end the year and work through the summer months. Basically, what I'm saying is this: I hope that this will be the plan for next year. I expect it to be the plan for next year. But, well, it might-could change, and if it needs to change I will change it 'cause that's my job.
Tentative 2013-2014 Staff Assignments
Tentative 2013-2014 Classroom Assignments
iPad Cart Wranglers
The district continues to roll-out the iPad carts to additional grade levels. At Marshall, we need three more coaches/cart-wranglers at kindergarten, fourth grade, and fifth grade. It would be great to have a few volunteers. If you're interested, please let me know.
TPEC Evaluators
Mr. McAllister would like you to know that, "the TPEC team is looking for evaluation evaluators. Commitment dates are May 1-3, May 6 (afternoon), May 8, May 10 (elementary only). Talk with McAllister or Macias if you would like to help with this project."
AIMS & SAT10
Thanks for indulging me this morning and allowing me to have a quick talk with your students about our upcoming "game day" and all that. Thanks, as well, for abiding by all the protocols and procedures that Page outlined for us at our faculty meeting this week. This testing business is a serious business, indeed. I appreciate your singular focus, emphasis on excellence, and spotless integrity as we endure the next week.
Just a reminder: your tests must be picked up and turned in to my office every day during the testing week.
Blogger Bug
| wifi icon |
Calendar
- Monday, 15 April
- AIMS testing
- Coe @Admin Council 1:00-4:00
- Tuesday, 16 April
- AIMS/SAT10 testing
- Wednesday, 17 April
- AIMS/SAT10 testing
- Thursday, 18 April
- AIMS testing
- Friday, 19 April
- AIMS make-up testing
- Kindergarten Family Night 5:30-6:30
