Hello everyone,
Welcome to the end of the first-grading period. I hope you are proud of what you've been able to accomplish as professionals on behalf of your students. I, for one, continue to be very pleased with the work that you're doing! Thanks.
Welcome!
Please take a moment next week to introduce yourself to Ellen Hobson, our new Art teacher. She started today and will begin teaching classes on Monday. On behalf of all of us on her interview committee: we're thrilled to have her here!
Parent Teacher Conferences
I hope you're looking forward to Parent Teacher Conferences next week. I know these long days talking and talking and talking can be taxing, but they're an important opportunity to cultivate cooperation and collaboration between home and school. Thanks for your commitment to preparing for them and making them meaningful.
You should soon receive the most recent issue of The Marshall Magnet to distribute to parents during conferences. I understand the imposition this creates, but I'd really appreciate it if you would please, as you're passing the newsletter along, take a moment to mention the article on the second page that reviews our Tax Credit program. Remember: every classroom, and every student at Marshall benefits in multiple ways from our ability to collect these contributions. Without them our Magnet programs will cease to be.
Flagstaff Community Foundation Fundraiser
We received over $6000.00 this week from the Flagstaff Community Foundation to sustain our Suzuki violin program. This money will be essential in enabling us to acquire new instruments as well as making it possible for us to get broken violins fixed.
The owners of Kachina Downtown have designated this Sunday evening, 14 October, as Nate Avery Night. A portion of the proceeds received between 3:00 PM until closing will be donated to the Flagstaff Community Foundation in Nate's name.
Calendar
- Monday, 15 October
- Grading period 2 begins
- Science kits due
- Wednesday, 17 October
- Parent Teacher Conferences, 11:45 dismissal
- Coe at Elementary Admin at Puente, 7:30-10:30
- Thursday, 18 October
- Parent Teacher Conferences, 11:45 dismissal
- Friday, 19 October
- Parent Teacher Conferences, 11:45 dismissal
- No Coe; Ballard has the helm
- Monday, 22 October
- No Coe; Ballard has the helm
Please acknowledge that you read this post.
